Thursday, April 9, 2009

Wedding #1






















Other than Meara behaving rotten in church and not walking down the isle, Holly and Drew's wedding was great. We all had a lovely time. Let's see if M's June wedding goes better than this - I still don't have much faith she will walk down the isle though...she doesn't do anything if it is not her own idea! Thank God she looked cute!

As a parent, I feel bad for getting so upset with her for behaving so rotten in chuch. I mean, what do you expect when you take a kid with no nap for two days to a church for several hours and expect them to behave when they want to be twirling in their fun dress. What I really hate is those people who judged me for the way my child behaved and what I really love is those people who too had/have children who were/are full of life and totally understand what I was going through. And, I love that my child was able to put a smile on their faces as they remembered their own kids when they were M's age. I have to say that I also love that I was able to take High School Musical away for a week as a punishment...I haven't had one of those songs in my head all week!

3 comments:

Mark, Stephanie & Brianna said...

She looks like she had a great time! Full of pretty smiles. No nap and two days in a church having to be still.....I would have been a super grump too! Good luck with the next one.

Cheryl Pate said...

Great reflections on the event. You are a GREAT mom....and I am not biased at all
Mom

silly stille said...

I have seriously learned not to judge. I mean every kid has their meltdowns and who am I to know if this happens every day or once a year? Kids are a wonderful part of our world, if you can't deal then you shouldn't be where kids are. I love that you noticed later how Meara made people smile- see she was showing her true colors!